The "Speak up!" Program
...for people NOT saying what they have to say and feeling tired of it
So many people struggle with saying what they have to say out of fear of rejection or conflict, lack of confidence, or because they think they don’t have anything of value to contribute. They avoid difficult conversations, they don’t know how to say ‘No’, and stay silent while they are burning to contribute and be heard. They are holding back although they have so much value to offer, which often leaves them feeling unnoticed, defeated, and small.
It can be so tiring and limiting. Can you relate? I can, because I have been there myself and felt the pain of it. And that's why I've created the "Speak up!" program to help you liberate yourself and learn to express yourself freely and confidently.
In a few words
It's a 6-week program in a small group (4-6 people).
Start date: Thursday, July 8th, 2021, 5-7 PM Pacific Time.
We will meet every week for 2 hours on Zoom.
You will get education, coaching, practice, and community, all in support of your learning to express yourself freely and confidently.
The program fee is $660 CAD per person.
Staying silent out of fear to be judged?
Struggling with saying 'No'?
This program is for YOU!
Who is it for?
It's FOR YOU if …
- You have things to say in meetings, yet you’re staying quiet and are not contributing.
- You avoid difficult conversations.
- You are afraid to be judged or rejected when you consider sharing something that’s contrary to other people's perspectives.
- It feels as though you are going to explode any moment because you’ve been withholding your true opinion for way too long.
- It’s incredibly hard for you to say ‘No’ and reject another person’s request of you.
- You don’t trust that people are interested in hearing what you have to say.
- You feel frustrated or angry about your inability to speak your truth.
- You can't understand why it is so hard for you to speak up
...and you are tired of all of this and ready to change it.
Imagine a life where speaking your mind freely is your reality...
The "Speak up!" Program will take you there
What you will get out of the program
You will receive the education, tools, practice, and accountability to...
- Understand the reasons why you are not speaking up and change your perspective
- Overcome your shyness, doubts, and fears associated with speaking up
- Say 'Yes' and 'No' with ease and conviction
- Speak your truth in any given situation with clarity and strength
- Feel certain and grounded in what you say and learn to make powerful requests
- Handle difficult conversations with more confidence, courage, and skill
- Add your ideas and feedback in personal and professional settings
- Express yourself freely and honestly in all your relationships - at home and at work
- Feel at ease and free because you’re making yourself heard authentically whenever you want or need to
You will get out of the program what you put into it.
Your results will be in direct proportion to your input. In other words, this is going to be REAL WORK - there is no skating by! The more you work on yourself, practice, participate, open up, and contribute, the more you will learn and grow.
Essential prerequisite: Your attitude
It is imperative that you ...
- Bring your open mind and willingness to learn, share, and be present for yourself and the other participants.
- Are open to giving and receiving feedback and support, and engage in a group conversation
- Are prepared to work on YOU internally in order to overcome your struggles
- Are willing to be real and raw, i. e. show emotions if/when you feel them, be honest and candid with yourself and the other people in the group, admit your shortcomings, and celebrate your progress and success
- You are able and ready to commit to participating for the full length of the program (3 months)
The "Speak up!" program:
Your path to speaking with confidence and strength
A 1:1 intake session with me
We will get to know each other and determine if the program is right for you at this time in your life. It is very important for me to make sure that the program is well suited to support you in overcoming your particular struggles.
Six weekly group sessions via Zoom (2 hours each)
Session 1: Understand your story, and get clear on your motivation and goals for your participation in the program
You will gain clarity about what brought you here and what you want to achieve. It's your solid, personal starting point for changing your perspective and learning new skills and behaviors.
Session 2: Identify the guiding principles by which you want to live and communicate
In order for you to be honest and feel certain and grounded in what you say you need to know what your core values are and what kind of a person you want to be. This is what you get to explore in session 2.
Session 3: Learn and practice the principles of clear and authentic communication
Communication is a skill that needs to be understood and practiced. In this session, you will be introduced to basic communication principles and you will practice how to communicate well in YOUR unique and authentic way, with ease and strength.
Session 4: Learn how to speak up in challenging scenarios
In order for you to develop courage, confidence, and certainty, you will get to practice some more and build your speaking-up-muscle in situations that you find particularly challenging, possibly saying ‘No’, sharing your perspective if it’s contrary to everybody else’s point of view, asking for a favor, providing constructive feedback, or interrupting another person.
Session 5: Handle difficult conversations and arguments with assertiveness and poise
Staying true to yourself in the face of upset, triggered emotions, and controversy is not an easy feat. Therefore, we will look at – and again, practice – ways for you to deal with and speak your truth in interactions that provoke emotions like anger, disbelief, hurt, or fear.
Session 6: One more round of practice, lessons learned, and next steps
Yet again, you will have an opportunity to exercise your newly gained skills. You will also reflect on what you learned in the program and what is next for you on your journey to becoming an expert in speaking up.
Community – a safe place to connect and interact in our private Facebook group
All program materials, exercises, worksheets, and session recordings
Wondering who the workshop leader is? It's me, Monika!
My purpose is to live and promote a life of acceptance, ease, and joy.
I’m here to support you in becoming happier and more fulfilled – and to live a life that truly matters to you, personally and professionally.
From my point of view, part of a meaningful and joyful life is to be able to express ourselves freely and authentically in any given situation. I have not always been able to do that myself and have felt the pain of it. So, I too had to learn and muster the courage to speak my truth.
While it has not been easy it was sure worth every ounce of discomfort and effort that was part of my journey: The freedom I have experienced from not holding back any longer but saying what I have to say whenever I want to say it is second to none. So liberating and empowering! This freedom is possible for you, too.
- A career in Sales & Marketing as a Horticultural Engineer (in Germany & Canada)
- Internet Vacation Consultant, then Team Lead at Rocky Mountaineer Railtours - this is where I gained my first experience as a coach
- Started my business Clear Directions Coaching in 2009
- Became a Dalian Method Facilitator in 2019
- Now: Happily coaching and training my clients
Ready to take the first step towards
speaking freely and confidently?
Book your intake session!
Email me at Monika@ClearDirections.ca or call/text me at +1 (604) 816-4056 to schedule your 1-hour Intake Session.
We will use the time to ...
- Answer any and all of your questions
- Assess if the "Speak up!" program is right for you at this time in your life
- Determine if we both want to work together
It will be an easy, casual, and sincere conversation. In the end, we will discuss the next steps based on the insights from our chat.
I look forward to hearing from you!
The "Speak up!" Program - Tech Stuff & Fees
Logistics & fees
- A private, uninterrupted space from which you can join the Zoom meeting
- A stable Internet connection (as stable as possible)
- We want to see you on video. Our group program is a private environment where we are going to share personal details and build trust-based connections. Being able to see each other’s faces and eyes is essential when it comes to making our interactions real and personal.
Schedule & fees
This is a 6-week program with a weekly 2-hour call on Zoom
Our program starts on Thursday, July 8th, 2021, 5-7 PM Pacific Time.
The program fee is CAD 660 per person.
Any questions? Want to reserve your space? Book your 1-hour Intake Call to see if the program is a fit for you and how to get the most out of it.
Email me at Monika@ClearDirections.ca or call/text me at +1 (604) 816-4056 to set up your
1-hour Intake Session.
I can't wait to talk to you!
"We are meant to live a happy life. Which means that we do work that matters to us and gives us a sense of joy, contribution and significance - in addition to providing us with an income that supports our desired lifestyle."
~ Monika Becker
Learn more about me:
About Monika Becker
Phone: +1 (604) 816-4056